Spring is finally here, so it's time to start tackling those home improvement & repair projects you've been putting off all winter. As the weather gets nicer, you can now address issues both inside and outside. Below is a list of ideas to help you get your home looking its best; while ensuring the safety and comfort of your family members and guests. Most projects take only a day or two to complete and the results will last a long time.
• Apply a fresh coat of paint to brighten up any room.
• Replace torn screens in the windows and add a locking screen door to let the fresh air in.
• Build or install shelving units in the basement and garage to store away unwanted clutter.
• Add vertical storage and a folding table in the laundry room.
• Reorganize closets by adding shelving units.
• Swap out damaged or worn closet doors.
• Change outdated lighting fixtures or ceiling fans.
• Update old fixtures in the kitchen and bath.
• Recaulk bathtubs and shower surrounds to give them a fresh and clean look.
• Design and install a creative backsplash in the kitchen.
• Add character and to any room by installing decorative molding or a chair rail.
• Reposition your furniture for a new look or to optimize space.
• Give your fireplace a facelift by restoring the mantle or retiling the panel and hearth areas.
• Fix loose railings and banisters throughout the inside and outside of your home.
• Install safety bars or rails to the shower for family members and guests needing additional assistance.
• Add non-slip pads or a carpet runner to stairs.
• Install tile or hardwood floors to any room.
• Tighten or replace door knobs and cabinet hardware.
• Childproof all cabinets which contain harmful chemicals or hazardous materials and equipment.
• Install baby gates inside the home or a fence outside to keep children and pets confined to safe areas.
• Maintain the curb appeal of your home by powerwashing the outside of it and landscaping the front yard.
• Add lighting that detects motion around the outside of your home, including steps and high-traffic areas.
• Build a deck to increase the amount of usable living space for your home.
• Feeling ambitious? Do a complete basement, bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room remodel.
Now, take a look around your home and see where improvements need to be made. Should you need assistance with any of your home improvement projects, contact us at (412)965-9361 or email@example.com for a free consultation and estimate. Please visit our website for more information and direct access to our online portfolio. Also, we encourage you to follow us on all of our social media sites to keep up to date with our latest activities. While it's clear we enjoy building products, we also enjoy building relationships; so we respectfully "follow back" every person or small business that chooses to follow us on our social media sites.
Charles Kirby, Owner of C.K. Remodeling & Design